Welcome to my blog! I hope you enjoy reading some of my ideas about education and things I believe build an effective teacher and a well-rounded classroom! Enjoy!

About Me

My photo
Decorah, IA, United States
Hi! I'm Amanda, I am currently a sophomore at Luther College and am majoring in Elementary Education. I adore kids and cannot wait to become a teacher someday! At Luther, I am involved in Alpha Phi Omega, PALS, Cheerleading, and I work in a kindergarten classroom. In my spare time I enjoy being outdoors, traveling, biking, walking, and doing fun things with my family and friends. I try to live my life to the fullest everyday!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Inventiveness

     I believe inventiveness is an important characteristic for everyone to have, especially in our world today.  As time progresses, newer and more advanced technologies are being developed, changing the jobs, health, communication, and way of life for most people throughout the United States.  Many of these inventions would not have been a norm in our world today if it wasn't for the inventiveness of various individuals.  Because of each of these individual's creativity, imagination, and confidence in themselves, they have made the world a more advanced place and have transformed the lives of countless individuals.
      In order to make the world a better place through inventiveness, it is vital that teachers promote these kinds of behaviors inside and outside of the classroom because school is the building block for future successes.  If children are taught from day one to believe in themselves, do what they think is right, and to think and explore outside of the box...there will be an increasing number of imaginative individuals ready to make their difference in the real world.  However, if children are continually taught from the book, with strict rules, no exploration, and no inspired thinking, these imaginative attitudes will be discouraged and may not ever be found by young students.  If this quality is not discovered, every child's life will be an endless, boring, and repetitive routine.
     To best encourage these attitudes, it is necessary that teachers involve inventive activities into regular routines.  These activities should be student-focused and should inspire students to create things on their own or in a group...encouraging brainstorming, interaction, and creativeness.  Some of these activities may include a project of interest, nature walk, a journal, individual storytelling time, or even playing outside.  By using these kinds of activities, students are inspired to create their own work, to think deeply, imagine new ideas, and have fun.  These types of activities should not be graded; instead, they should be positively encouraged, praised, and complimented.  Through this acknowledgement, teachers would be inspiring their students to be the best they can be.  If students gain confidence in themselves, their inventiveness qualities will shine through on a daily basis...possibly creating an individual that may transform the world for future generations to come.    

No comments:

Post a Comment